IT Manager | Full-time | Coventry, UK
The IT function is crucial to making our business work. It provides the infrastructure for automation, it implements the governance for the use of network and operating systems. It helps to provide everyone with the functionality they need to work!
The function sources/creates and implements the right applications to allow us to be innovative, efficient and promote our principles.
You will be an experienced IT Manager who has been exposed to thinking outside of the server norm. Having had several years’ experience of working in different environments you will relish the thought and challenge of being part of an SME who thinks first, has a positive impact and is always open for business! You will be responsible and accountable for the effective and secure operation of all our computer systems and related applications. Comfortable with managing budgets, you will welcome the challenge of striving for efficiency, effectiveness whilst not compromising on security. Used to presenting to Director level you will be happy to carry out regular audits, research and present areas for improvement while being confident with project managing any change.
* Manage information technology and computer systems.
* Plan, organise, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
* Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
* Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
Activities & Responsibilities
* Management of the network domain.
* Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
* Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organisational policy.
* Act as the principal point of contact for 3rd party Service Providers and Support Desks.
* Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
* Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
* Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
* Scheduling upgrades as necessary.
* Administration of Laptops and Desktop computers including configuration for Domain Users and installation of application software
* Implementing and managing security or integrity and backup procedures
* Administration and support for software packages. Configuration of system and user settings and problem resolution for :
o Access Supply chain ERP system and FocalPoint
o Microsoft 365 and SharePoint
o Google Applications
o SolidWorks and Workgroup PDM
* Managing the internal telephone systems, creating new accounts, managing equipment and auditing for efficiency.
* Managing all internal conference systems.
* Managing the communication between our website contractors and arranging necessary updates, working alongside the marketing team.
* Look for software and gadgets that will help us to help our teams better, e.g. digital inductions, CBT etc.
* providing user training, support, advice and feedback
* Provide and promote an open door policy to users.
* Ability to provide regular internal training updates to all users.
* Play an integral part of the induction of new starters with the company.
* Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience with a hybrid of on premise and cloud based systems and applications.
* Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
* Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
* Working knowledge of SQL database applications for ERP and/ or PDM solutions
Education and Qualifications
* BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Project Management.
The above outlines the main focus of the role, however, it does not limit and you may be asked to get involved in other projects. We would discuss this with you first though!
Reporting to: General Manager