NPI Manufacturing Engineer | Full-time | Coventry, UK
You are an experienced engineer with mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly expertise. With a track record of creating engineering development processes as well as new product introduction processes, you have the ability to assess, plan and drive projects through to completion. Working very much on your own initiative you will confidently identify requirements while developing detailed plans in collaboration with customers. You will be used to working with high level objectives within an innovative technology environment and working very much collaboratively with both customers and colleagues.
* Deliver internal facility based projects to specification and on time as well as budget
* Liaise with customers to provide technical support and exceed their expectations
* Work closely with both the Sales and Operations functions of Productiv to ensure concurrent and best practices are deployed effectively throughout the organisation
* Take responsibility for project deliverables and meet or exceed project timing targets
* Deliver work in a timely manner, to a level of quality suitable to meet and exceed both internal and external customer expectations
* Be a positive force for engagement and problem solving within the engineering team
Activities & Responsibilities
* Conduct manufacturing feasibility reviews of products throughout their product life cycle
* Facility, equipment and process development/specification of manufacturing and assembly processes for new products
* Creation of new product introduction documentation to support right first time launch of products including DfA, DfM, PFMEA, Control plan etc.
* Produce specifications for manufacturing and assembly equipment while making recommendations for procurement
* Process development for manufacturing and assembly sequencing for new programs
* Plant and process layout for new products and variants
* Read, interpret and analyse supplied drawings and CAD models
* Work closely with Cost Estimators and Engineering team to allow work throughput
* Generation of reports as required for Project and Management meetings.
* Revision control of information supplied and maintenance of Bills of Process etc.
* Support production preparation to ensure smooth production ramp-up.
* Develop, guide and train both experienced and graduate engineers with a view to building a solid engineering department
* Document process and engineering know-how to benefit future projects
* Support project planning activities with subject matter expertise and experience
* Experience of working within a mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly environment.
* Experience of working within different sized organisations – OEM, Tier 1 or SME
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
* Confident with working on own initiative
* Excellent IT literacy, being a competent user of MS Office
* Competent user of Solidworks or alternative 3D CAD package
* Ability to hold and maintain relationships at all levels with customer and suppliers
* Understanding and knowledge of TS16949 and APQP within the automotive sector
* Engineering degree or equivalent
* Use of risk mitigation tools to control risks within projects and prioritise risk to be mitigated
Other Attributes & Experience
* Experience of transmission assembly process design and manufacture / assembly
* Willingness to travel both nationally and internationally at reasonable notice
* Thirst for knowledge and self-improvement through continual learning
* Keen interest in automotive powertrain technology
* Conversant in UK based vehicle manufacturer / Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) new product introduction processes and terminology
* Strong facilitation skills
Reporting to: Engineering Manager